A look at #INDABA2014’s new innovative approach to travel technology
William Price, E-Marketing Manager of South African Tourism, presented a sneak-peak of INDABA 2014’s new innovative approach to travel technology this week.
The presentations took place via a series of live video Hangouts on the SA Travel Trade Google+ community page on Wednesday, and looked into the numerous ways that INDABA will shift its focus to travel, technology and trends. Highlights include an overview of the Tech Zone (an INDABA first), Tech Talks, The new INDABA Connect, the role of social media at this year’s event, and the #MEETSOUTHAFRICA travel blogger cocktail party.
Remember to follow the #INDABA2014 hashtag and @satraveltrade on Twitter for latest news and updates on everything INDABA2014.
- One destination where travel, trends and technology can coexist
- A place to recharge devices, and connect with each other
- Speed Marketing sessions and Tech Talks in Tech Zone amphitheatre
- Expect Range of technology exhibitors and service providers including Google, Samsung, TripAdvisor, WAYN, Wetu, NightsBridge, Travelstart and Springnest
- Stop by for great coffee and great Wi-Fi
Springnest at INDABA 2014 Tech Zone
We’re proud to be involved at the first ever Tech Zone, and will be attending as an exhibitor alongside a number of industry players, including our partners, NightsBridge.
Follow us via @springnest on Twitter or via our Facebook Page for more details on what to expect, where to find us, and why you should stop by.
- Will take place at the INDABA 2014 Tech Zone
- Bringing together a host of speakers and industry leaders to discuss trends, and what it means for the travel trade
- Expect TED Talk style presentations
- Use Indaba Connect to access presentation material and rate speakers
- Techtalks will be streamed on Youtube
The role of social media at INDABA 2014
- Explore a new dynamic INDABA website
- Facebook and Twitter will play a significant role, use social to engage in real-time before, during and after INDABA
- Official hashtag for the event is #INDABA2014, follow @satraveltrade for updates
Blogger Cocktail Event
- This year’s event will see a shift from a presentation format to a networking/cocktail format, providing opportunity to make contact with bloggers
- Focus on #MEETSOUTHAFRICA campaign and UGC
- Case study presentation on RIO of blogging for #MEETSOUTHAFRICA campaign
- Venue: Kwazulu Natal Society of Art
- Expecting 300 People